BANGKOK RAILWAY STATION
BANGKOK RAILWAY STATION
Hua Lamphong Railway station was constructed during the reign of King Rama V in 1910 and has been used since 25th June 1916. It was built with the style of Renaissance similar to Frankfurt Railway station, which were both designed by Mario Tamagnai, an Italian architect. The magnificent spectacles of this very first railway station of Thailand are the especially made-to-order clocks that still works in these days and the stained glasses ventilated apertures on the front side and backside of the building which was made to stylise this Italian-Renaissance architecture.KLONG PHADUNG KRUNG KASEM
KLONG PHADUNG KRUNG KASEM
The 5.5 kilometre long, PhadungKrungkasem Canal is a moat marking the unofficial border for Bangkok's old city, otherwise known as Rattanakosin Island. Digging began in 1851 during the reign of King Rama IV in response to the rapid expansion of the capital. It stretches in an arch from Chareonkrung Road, past Mahanak Canal, before ending in the Chao Phraya River, near Rama VIII Bridge. In the past days, PhadungKrungkasem Canal was important for water transportation where all kinds of consumer and non-consumer products from abroad and the provinces were traded.
In 1976, PhadungKrungkasem Canal has been registered as one of Bangkok’s historic sites by the Department of Fine Arts.KRUNGKASEM ROAD
Krungkasem Road, a name given by King Rama V who built the road in 1892. Krungkasem Road took 6 years to complete and is 4.5 kilometers in length. Among many roads constructed in those days, Krungkasem Road was the example of the canal digging project together with road construction.RAMA IV ROAD
RAMA IV ROAD
The origins of Rama IV date back to 1919, 100 years ago. His Majesty King Rama IV initiated construction to serve Bangkok's development plans for international trade expansion with western countries during the colonial era, such as UK, United States and France. It was built similarly to Charoen Krung Road.GOLDEN BUDDHA TEMPLE OR WAT TRAIMIT WITHAYARAM
GOLDEN BUDDHA TEMPLE OR WAT TRAIMIT WITHAYARAM
The temple is one of the most Bangkok’s well-known temples for the solid gold Sukhothai-style buddha image with 5.5 ton of weight. Originally covered in plaster in order to conceal its true value. The gold was revealed later after almost 200 years.
The temple has a museum on the 3rd floor, where you get to learn about the history of the Golden Buddha. On the 2nd floor exhibits 3D presentations detailing the history of the Chinese traders in BangkokMAITREEJIT ROAD & SOI NANA
MAITREEJIT ROAD & SOI NANA
The Maitreejit road is one of the roads that connects to the memorial monument, which is called the 22nd July Circle. It was built on January 24th 1918 to commemorate the occasion of Thailand’s World War I participation.
A new hip street of cafes, galleries and bars on Soi Nana lies from Maitreejit Road through ChinatownTALAD NOI
Talad Noi, means small market where is actually a historic riverside community filled with unique finds around every corner. Hype cafes and street foods are along the side.WALKABLE STREET FOOD NEARBY THE HOTEL - TROK SUKORN
WALKABLE STREET FOOD NEARBY THE HOTEL - TROK SUKORN